- Location: Various Locations in Fife, KY7 5LT
- Salary: £24,546.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Interview Date: Tuesday 10 December 2019
The normal working week will involve working 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 8.00am to 2.30pm (with every 3rd Friday off).
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
For 'Helpful Hints' when applying to work for us and details of our How We Work Matters Behaviour Framework, please click here.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial
To provide all aspects of Painting & Decorating work for Maintenance, Property Maintenance or Contracts section to domestic and non-domestic properties ensuring that all such works are carried out in a manner that positively contributes to a high quality, responsive and cost effective service which meets Service and customer expectations.
The range of painting work is carried out on includes domestic housing, sheltered housing, care homes, offices, libraries, theatres and conference centres, sports complexes, leisure centres and swimming pools, community centres, schools, nurseries, fire stations and works depots. These range from single storey buildings to multi storey and from standard construction methods to more bespoke and more complex constructed buildings.
- Must be a time-served Painter & Decorator with City & Guilds or SVQ accreditations.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout Fife.
- Should have experience in building / construction industry / environment.
- Should have the ability to carry out all works to standard and speed reasonably expected from a painter & decorator
- Should have the ability to work on housing and property maintenance works.
- Should have the ability to work on your own with minimum supervision.
- Should have the ability to interpret instructions from job tickets for material requirements.
- Should have a rational and methodical approach to work.
- Should have the ability to work from ladder and scaffold systems and access platforms.
- Should have the ability to carry out work to a high standard of workmanship, good practice and customer care.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For further information, please contact: Barry McMurdo, 03451 555555 ext 492131 or e-mail Barry.firstname.lastname@example.org