- Location: Various Locations in Fife
- Salary: £32,994.00 - £41,412.00 per year
- Contract Type: Casual/Relief
- Position Type: Supply
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Contract Type: Supply
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.
As a member of the school community, the role of the teacher is to lead learning for, and with, all learners with whom they engage and also to work with and support the development of colleagues and other partners and work to the benefit of the pupils, their parents and the community the school serves, through pursuing the objectives and implementing policies set by the Headteacher and Fife Council Education Children’s service, under the overall direction of the Executive Director of Education and Children’s Services.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to be registered with the General Teaching Council (GTCS) and obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
You will be required to provide contact details of at least two referees on the application form that cover your employment or academic history for the past 3 years. Depending on your circumstances you may be asked to provide more than 2 references.
You shall be accountable to the Headteacher/Senior Leadership Team and Education and Children’s Services and for the following list of duties and for such other duties as can reasonably be attached to the post. In carrying out these duties you will be responsible for:
- Having knowledge and understanding of the nature of the curriculum and its development
- Having knowledge and understanding of the relevant area(s) of pre-school, primary or secondary curriculum
- Having knowledge and understanding of planning coherent and progressive teaching programmes
- Having knowledge and understanding of contexts for learning to fulfil their responsibilities in literacy, numeracy, health and wellbeing and interdisciplinary learning
- Having knowledge and understanding of the principles of assessment, recording and reporting
- Planning coherent, progressive and stimulating teaching programmes which match learners’ needs and abilities
- Communicating effectively and interact productively with learners, individually and collectively
- Employing a range of teaching strategies and resources to meet the needs and abilities of learners
- Having high expectations of all learners
- Creating a safe, caring and purposeful learning environment
- Developing positive relationships and positive behaviour strategies
- Using assessment, recording and reporting as an integral part of the teaching process to support and enhance learning.
Fife Council is looking to recruit a talented and committed teacher who is willing to apply new learning with enthusiasm. They should be confident and able to demonstrate they are an innovative practitioner. They should have a sound and detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant aspects of the Curriculum for Excellence 3-18 as well as possessing strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate they have a commitment to the vision, values and core priorities in the development of education, teaching and learning which meets the needs of all pupils.
For further information please contact: Debbie Thomson, 03451 555555 ext 444180 or Debbie.email@example.com