- Location: Bankhead Depot, Bankhead Park, Glenrothes, KY7 6GH
- Salary: £25,980.00 - £32,944.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 03 February 2020
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking here and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
Reporting to the Lead Consultant, Traffic Management this is a Technician Engineer role in the Network Management Team within the Roads and Transportation Service.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver traffic management and road safety interventions in accordance with national standards, legislation and the prescribed standards and policies of Fife Council; and to contribute to the effective delivery of high quality services.
- Implementation of Traffic Regulation Orders in accordance with the Road Traffic Regulation Act
- Conduct crash investigation and analysis and develop solutions to identified problems
- Undertake traffic engineering design for traffic management schemes and measures including signing, lining, and minor civil engineering works.
- Implement prioritised low cost solutions to local traffic management and road safety problems
The role is customer focused.
You should be educated to SCQF level 7, which includes HNC or SVQ level 4, preferably in Civil Engineering, or equivalent subject and possess extensive post qualification experience.
You should be able to work as part of a team as well as being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
You must be able to travel across Fife at short notice.
You should have good numerical skills, be able to prepare cost estimates and be able to manage budgets for small scale projects.
You should be familiar with the requirements of the Road Traffic Regulation Act, the Roads Scotland Act and other supporting legislation as applies to the implementation of restrictions, orders and other interventions on the public road. An understanding of Civil Engineering with regard to roads infrastructure is essential.
For further information please contact: Colin Stirling - 03451 55 55 55 ext 450444 or firstname.lastname@example.org