Glasgow Life is seeking to recruit a new Head of Development and Fundraising, a rare opportunity to oversee an ambitious fundraising strategy for Glasgow’s major cultural, sporting, events and learning offer.
We believe everyone deserves a great Glasgow life. As a charity, we aim to inspire every citizen and visitor to become engaged and active in a city globally renowned for culture and sport. We deliver programmes, experiences and events which support the mental, physical and economic wellbeing of our diverse communities. We are committed to delivering activities in a way that enables all individuals and communities to live a great Glasgow life. We want the people of Glasgow to experience the positive and life-changing benefits of participating in culture and sport at all levels, from classes in local communities to large-scale events which present Glasgow on an international stage.
At a time when culture and sport will be at the forefront of people’s recovery from the impact of the pandemic, the Head of Development and Fundraising role has never been more important. With overall responsibility for the strategic leadership of the Development Team, you will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to deliver client-centred relationship management to maximise income for the charity. By creating compelling cases for support that demonstrate the impact and reach of Glasgow Life’s work across the city, you will galvanise the huge potential of our campaigns to support everyone in the city to have a great Glasgow life.
A seasoned and collaborative fundraiser with excellent people management skills, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to deliver sustainable growth. You will have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to achieve results in a fast-paced and large-scale organisation. An accomplished communicator, you will have instant credibility when engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
• An excellent understanding of the fundraising mix (eg statutory grants, grant-making trusts and foundations, major gifts, individual giving, corporate engagement and legacies).
• An outstanding track record in delivering ambitious fundraising initiatives, meeting stretching targets with a small team and budget.
• Direct involvement in developing cases for support to meet specific objectives for restricted and unrestricted funding.
• Extensive experience developing and managing high-quality relationships with high net worth individuals, corporates, charitable trusts and foundations to achieve significant gifts.
• A creative and strategic approach to donor cultivation, audience engagement and long-term planning to develop existing and attracting new audiences.
• The ability to recognise and respond creatively to emerging fundraising/business opportunities.
Glasgow Life offers a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
Glasgow Life seeks to reflect the extraordinary diversity of our city at every level of our organisation and in our programmes. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applications from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Glasgow Life. To find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us