- 38 Albion Street, Glasgow, G1 1LH
- £31,578.25 - £36,678.29 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Role Title: Logistics Manager
Contract Type/Hours – Fixed term until 31st August 2023
Benefits - 29 days pro rata, plus 6.5 public holidays, pension fund, staff discounts and an annual purchase scheme.
Location - Albion St, Glasgow.
In 2023, Glasgow and locations across Scotland are hosting the inaugural UCI Cycling World Championships, bringing together 13 world championships into one. Glasgow Life will deliver the sport competition, events and additional programmes in the city on behalf of Cycling World Championships and is expanding its team to deliver the world’s biggest ever cycling event. Glasgow leads the way in hosting major cultural and sporting events, using world class facilities we’ll deliver 8 cycling disciplines bringing new ideas, partnerships and initiatives to the city, enriching urban living by animating the city in the lead up to and beyond the event to drive lasting legacy to the city.
We are recruiting a Logistics Manager who will work as part of Glasgow’s 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships team within Glasgow Life’s Events team.
As Logistics Manager, your role will include;
• Managing and taking the lead on the planning and delivery of all Logistics (LOG) related activities for all Glasgow activities.
• Take the lead on the procurement of all Logistics contracts including for the definition of scopes of requirement and tender documents, tender evaluations, contract preparation, contract management and final account sign-off.
• Devise manage and be accountable for the LOG budget in line with the agreed policy and procedures for said cluster of venues.
A detailed person specification and role can be found on our MyJobScotland application site.
To be considered for the post of Logistics Manager you’ll have;
• Proven experience in LOG planning and operations for a large-scale event utilising project management methodology.
• Proven experience in developing operating plans and policies for LOG projects. An understanding of Material planning, scheduling and venue planning in relation to Logistics operations within a large scale event environment.
• A proven ability to communicate and work in partnership with multiple stakeholders at a variety of levels.
What do you need to do to apply? Login or create an account with MyJobScotland to complete an application form. We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
Selection Process – Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, dates are provisionally scheduled for w/c 19th December.
More information about the event can be found here – https://www.cyclingworldchamps.com/ and we recommend reviewing our socials and Glasgow Life website for information on the work that our organisation does.
About Us - Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration, and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
Glasgow has a rich and diverse population, and we wish to reflect this within our workforce at every level and so encourage applications from a wide range of backgrounds, specifically individuals with a BAME background as these are underrepresented within our workforce. We are also “Positive About Disabled People” and as such we guarantee an interview to those individuals who have a disability and meet the minimum criteria outlined within.
Current Glasgow Life Employees
At the end of the temporary period, eligible employees will have a right to return to a role of their substantive grade within the council family as a minimum. Employees are required to inform their current manager prior to submitting an application.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us