- Location: Eastgate, 727 London Road, Glasgow, G40 3AP
- Salary: £16,552.75 - £20,443.65 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
ASSIST and Domestic Abuse Services is an accredited Independent Domestic Abuse Advocacy service, which works closely with statutory and voluntary services to deliver a pro-active, rapid and stream-lined response to those affected by domestic abuse, and who are interacting with the criminal justice system. Working in close partnership with Police Scotland to a model that balances risk and safety, ASSIST’s ethos of placing the client at the centre of any intervention is crucial.
The main purpose of the Administration Assistant role is to provide administrative support within the ASSIST service, ensuring accuracy and effect service delivery.
The postholder will be required to:
• Deal effectively with telephone enquiries and visitors;
• Support the arranging of meetings, take minutes, arrange room bookings, and coordination of actions;
• Compile statistical information for the completion of Key Performance Indicators;
• Maintain filing systems and case records;
• Liaise with employees in other services and external agencies via telephone and email, including the processing of referrals.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• Previous experience of carrying out general office support tasks including word processing, minute taking, photocopying, etc.
• Previous experience of maintaining and updating relevant systems and databases;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
These are fixed term posts until 30 June 2020. The hours of work are 35 per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. The postholder will be primarily based at Eastgate, 727 London Road, Glasgow, G40 3AQ, though there may be a requirement to work across East Kilbride, Glasgow, Clydebank, Paisley and Kilmarnock as necessary.
This position requires a Level 2 Non-Police Personnel Vetting Check. For further information please refer to our Guidance on Employment Vetting, which is available on our website:
These posts are exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2015. A full list of convictions that must always be disclosed and convictions that should be disclosed subject to rules is available on the Disclosure Scotland website: www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
We support equality and diversity in the workplace. We particularly welcome male applicants and those from a black and minority ethnic background, as they are under-represented within ASSIST and Domestic Abuse Services. This statement has been made in line with section 159 of the Equality Act 2010.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us