- Stobhill Hospital, 133 Balornock Road, Glasgow, G21 3UW
- £36,642.67 - £42,970.33 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new and developing service. The ADRS Crisis Outreach Service is a new community based assertive outreach service for Glasgow City Alcohol and Drug Recovery service based at Stobhill Hospital, providing a rapid outreach response to individuals who are in Addiction Crisis (Drugs / Alcohol) or have experienced a non-fatal overdose.
The aims of the service are:
• Provision of a period of assessment, engagement and brief interventions for people with highly complex needs.
• Promoting a harm reduction approach, offering a suite of interventions - Naloxone, Dry Blood Spot (DBS) Testing, Needle Replacement, Foil, Condoms, safer injecting advice, alcohol brief intervention & supported access to community treatment services.
• Liaison and interface with MHAU, ADRS CAT, A&E, Scottish Ambulance Service, Police Scotland, Third Sector & Voluntary Services
• Promoting recovery and preventing relapse through the provision of a flexible range of clinical and psychosocial interventions.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment. Please note successful candidates for the above position will be required to pay for their PVG Membership/or Scheme Checks.
These posts are accepted under Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013 (as amended).
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us