- Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX
- £19,092 - £21,440 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Post Title: Graduate Intern (Policy Team)
Hours: 35 hpw
Duration: Fixed Term for 12 months
Salary: £19,092 - £21,440 p.a
Salary placing will normally be at the first point of the scale.
Contact Person: Gordon Morrison, Tel: 01463 702547
Job Purpose: To contribute to the work of the Policy Team, through undertaking research and monitoring political developments in the Scottish and UK governments and parliaments.
- Undertake a project to map the new Scottish Government’s Programme for Government to Highland Council’s responsibilities, highlighting areas which will have an impact on service delivery.
- Draw up lobbying and engagement strategies that capitalise on opportunities to increase influence and/or attract funding connected to the Programme for Government.
- Provide a weekly monitoring function of both Government and Parliamentary business with the objective of developing a template for future political monitoring.
- Undertake research activity and prepare briefings on specific topics
- Contribute to supporting the Council’s political leadership though preparing and attending meetings
Please APPLY ONLINE. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application pack, please contact Business Support via Business.SupportHR-Finfirstname.lastname@example.org quoting post the reference number above.
Shortlisted applicants will normally be contacted by email, unless otherwise stated. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
Please note that candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Resident in the Highlands for the duration of the employment period
- Under 25 at the time of application submission.
- Have a qualification of HND level or above