- Location: Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX
- Salary: £24,133.00 - £27,118.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Post Title: Technician (Transportation)
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Salary: £24,133 - £27,118 p.a.
Salary placing will normally be at the first point of the scale.
Contact Person: Shane Manning, Tel:07766 785589
Job Purpose: Working as a member of a team involved in carrying out all the functions required in Urban Traffic Management & Control, including; traffic modelling, transport assessment, signal design, abnormal load routing, decriminalised parking enforcement, operation of the Council’s traffic control systems, compiling and maintaining the database of traffic counts.
Please APPLY ONLINE. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application pack, please contact Business Support, T: 01955 608279 (24 hour voicemail) quoting post the reference number above.
Please find the Job Description below.
Shortlisted applicants will normally be contacted by e-mail, unless otherwise stated. Please check your e-mails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
- ONC or HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or related subject
- It is a condition of this appointment that you must notify the Council if you are convicted of a criminal offence as this may affect your suitability for your current post. Failure to disclose a conviction will be classed as gross misconduct under the Council’s Disciplinary Procedures.
- It is a condition of this appointment that you undertake a Basic Disclosure Scotland check and it is necessary for the Council to obtain a satisfactory check in this regard.
- It is a requirement of your post that you will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively throughout the Highland Region in order to deliver the duties of your post