- Municipal Buildings, Clyde Square, PA15 1LY
- £32,989 - £36,037 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
OD/HR Operations Support Officer (temp/full time) REF: ECOD/NEW
Salary Grade 7 £32,989 - £36,037
Location: Municipal Buildings, Greenock
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: temp till July 23
We are looking for someone with experience in HR related activities and/or OD Remit to join our Organisational Development & HR Operations teams. The post-holder will provide support to the Team Leaders in ensuring the delivery of an effective and comprehensive OD & HR provision to all Council services. The post-holder will support and deliver services to our community, partners and colleagues. The post is split between 3 days in organisational development and two days in HR operations. Hybrid working is an option with a mixture of working from home and the office.
The post-holder will assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of Organisational Development initiatives including succession planning, talent development, change management and workforce development and maintain an HR Operations caseload of less complex grievance, discipline and absence cases.
The duties/remit of the role will be varied as it covers employee relations and advice to service managers whilst improving our HR policies and procedures which link to our initiatives on learning and development and more.
To succeed in this role, you will require to have 3 years’ experience which includes an OD or HR related remit.
Experience in one or more of the undernoted areas would be desirable:
- supporting organisational objectives through the development of creative solutions that engage the workforce and enable them to develop their skills;
- a background in developing, delivering, and evaluating learning and development programmes, including leadership and management development;
- operational involvement in grievances or disciplines, supporting attendance management
Our priorities for the year ahead will see us focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of our workforce and exploring new ways of fostering a culture that empowers a well-informed and engaged workforce.
This post is maternity cover and expected to end no later than 29th July 2023.
We have a reputation for quiet excellence and in recent years many of our services have been identified as among the best in the country following external evaluation. Inverclyde Council is focusing on making Inverclyde a place which nurtures all its citizens, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to have a good quality of life and good mental and physical wellbeing.
Important Applicant Information:
- Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
- Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
- Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
- Interviews for non-teaching posts with Inverclyde Council will be based on the Councils' competency model which is reflected in our performance appraisal scheme. Details of this can be found at the link below and clicking the Performance Overview document on the left hand side:
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG. A small number of posts require a Standard or Basic Disclosure check and the majority of all other posts will complete a Criminal Convictions Form. All disclosure checks are obtained via Disclosure Scotland. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to pay the cost of the disclosure check required for your post.
If your post requires registration with a Regulatory Body such as HCPC or SSSC etc. You are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees.
Alternative application packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille and Audio. To request an alternative application pack or require further assistance, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740.
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a guaranteed interview to applicants who consider themselves to be disabled and who meet the essential criteria for the job.
We are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities with applicants
Working from Home / Interim Hybrid working
We have an interim hybrid working pilot running from April/May 2022 which has a minimum 20% work location attendance if applicable. This can be discussed at interview with the recruiting manager.