- Crosshill Children's Unit, 1 Crosshill Place, Port Glasgow, PA14 5UF
- £27,645 - £29,632 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Residential Worker Nights (temp/part time) REF: HSCP/82075
Salary: Grade 5 £27,645 - £29,632
Location: Crosshill Children’s House, Port Glasgow
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Duration: temp for 12 months
Important Applicant Information:
- Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
- Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
- Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
- Interviews for non-teaching posts with Inverclyde Council will be based on the Councils' competency model which is reflected in our performance appraisal scheme. Details of this can be found at the link below and clicking the Performance Overview document on the left hand side:
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG. A small number of posts require a Standard or Basic Disclosure check and the majority of all other posts will complete a Criminal Convictions Form. All disclosure checks are obtained via Disclosure Scotland. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to pay the cost of the disclosure check required for your post.
If your post requires registration with a Regulatory Body such as HCPC or SSSC etc. You are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees.
Alternative application packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille and Audio. To request an alternative application pack or require further assistance, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740.
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a guaranteed interview to applicants who consider themselves to be disabled and who meet the essential criteria for the job.
We are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities with applicants
Working from Home / Interim Hybrid working
We have an interim hybrid working pilot running from April/May 2022 which has a minimum 20% work location attendance if applicable. This can be discussed at interview with the recruiting manager.
Changes to Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and PVG membership payments
At Inverclyde Council, those who have required a PVG check and/or SSSC membership have previously been responsible for paying the fees for joining and renewing. However, the Scottish Government have currently agreed to cover the cost of SSSC membership going forward and PVG checks for a time limited period where PVG checks are free till the end of March 2023 .
The Scottish Government have agreed to cover the payment of SSSC fees in the 2022-2023 pay award. Due to this, SSSC are currently working on updating their systems and processing a large volume of refunds retrospectively to local authority employees. From the 1st of November 2022, they have added information to the MySSSC payment screen to encourage local authority employees not to pay and have stopped removals of non-payments and invoicing for December. Employees that are due to renew must still complete an application form. For queries and further information please contact SSSC directly: https://www.sssc.uk.com/signin/
PVG checks are free until 31st March 2023 for those starting jobs in social care, justice and children’s services. Those moving to new positions with their existing employer are also eligible. To qualify for PVG fees to be waived, the person applying for the role must:
- have started a new job or taken up a new position with your existing employer in an eligible role (see below), AND
- have applied for a PVG check no later than 31 March 2023 - any applications outside this date will not be eligible
To be eligible for this trial, you must be working in a new role of:
- practitioner, or
- support worker
AND be working in one of the following areas:
- Adult services
- care homes
- care at home services
- housing support
- day care services
- Children’s services
- residential childcare
- residential school care accommodation
- Justice services
- offender accommodation
Please note: Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) roles are not covered.
Further information can be found here: www.gov.scot/publications/health-social-care-winter-resilience-overview-2022-23/pages/1