- Various Locations In Inverclyde, PA15 1LY
- £10.78 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Sessional Residential Worker
Salary: Grade 5 £10.78 per hour fixed point
Location: Various Locations in Inverclyde
Hours: As and when required
Duration: As and when required
Children’s Services are responsible for the delivery of care to young people in our residential houses. To ensure we have a full team of Residential Workers at all times, we maintain a pool of sessional workers who cover periods of annual leave and other absences as required. You will be asked to work across our three Children’s house on an adhoc basis. You are still able to hold another post within/outwith the Council and remain in the pool.
You will assist, support and encourage young people to achieve their highest aspirations by responding to each child as an individual; value their strengths and respond in a healing way to their difficulties; and ensure each young person grows up in a loving environment with positive experiences to achieve their potential.
Previous experience of working with young people who have complex needs and an understanding of the needs of young people in relation to trauma, attachment and resilience would be an advantage. You should have the ability to build and sustain positive relationships with difficult to engage young people and their families, demonstrating good communication skills. You have to be be enthusiastic and motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team, be organised and reliable.
You will be required to work shifts including weekends.
You must be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or achieve registration within 6 months of appointment as a Residential Care Worker.
Working towards (part qualified) or a commitment to attaining HNC Social Services plus SVQ3 Social Services (Children and Young People). On a self-funded basis.
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk.
Important Applicant Information:
• Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
• Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
• Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
• Interviews for non-teaching posts with Inverclyde Council will be based on the Councils' competency model which is reflected in our performance appraisal scheme. Details of this can be found at the link below and clicking the Performance Overview document on the left hand side:
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG. A small number of posts require a Standard Disclosure and the majority of all other posts will be subject to a Basic Disclosure. All disclosure checks are obtained via Disclosure Scotland. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to pay the cost of the disclosure check/s required for your post.
If your post requires registration with a Regulatory Body such as HCPC or SSSC etc. You are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees.
If you are unable to apply using this website, and require further assistance, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740.
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Inverclyde Council is a Disability Confident Employer