- St Stephen's High School, Kilmacolm Road, Port Glasgow, PA14 6PP
- £33,396 - £41,916 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 14 hours per week
This position has expired.
Teacher of Modern Languages (0.4fte) (temp/part time) REF: ECOD/SSNew
Salary: £33,396 - £41,916
Location: St Steven’s High School, Port Glasgow
Hours: 14 hours per week
Duration: temp till June 2023
Important Applicant Information:
- Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
- Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
- Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG
You will be required to be registered with the GTCS. You are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees.
Guidance for teachers seeking Approval to teach in a Catholic school if applicable.
If applicable the successful candidate will require to be approved by the Roman Catholic Church, in line with Section 21 (A) of the Education (Scotland) Act 1980. Forms from the Scottish Catholic Education Service at: http://www.sces.uk.com/approval.html
Head Teacher Reports
Candidates successful at interview need to download and print the appropriate Report. You need to complete the applicant details section and sign the form and then pass to your current HT to complete the assessment sections and sign the form. The form then needs to be sent to Human Resources by email to email@example.com and cc the recruiting HT into the email. Please find below the three types of reports (unpromoted, promoted and senior promoted).
Alternative application packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille and Audio. To request an alternative application pack or require further assistance, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a guaranteed interview to applicants who consider themselves to be disabled and who meet the essential criteria for the job.
We are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities with applicants