- Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- £21,507 - £23,581 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
To provide efficient and effective administrative support for the Opportunities for All Team.
- Provide administrative support for the Employability Team.
- Undertake tasks and processes to support the work of the Employability Team.
- Provide confidential administrative support for the Employability Team.
- Participate in the Council's employee review and development programme.
- Significant experience in administrative work including figure work, data entry, word processing, composing letters, record keeping and filing.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment using relevant technology and equipment e.g. photocopier, email, Intra/Internet
- 4 SQA National 5 grades or equivalent at level 3 or above including English and Maths/Arithmetic *
- Recognised qualification for word processing, e.g. ECDL or equivalent *
- Recognised qualification for spreadsheets, e.g. ECDL or equivalent *
- High level of accuracy in work
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to use initiative in day to day tasks
- Ability to participate as a team member
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer care
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Self confident and self motivated
- Ability to listen and accurately minute details of meetings
- Possession of excellent analytical, evaluative, creative and decision making skills
- Appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to the importance of confidentiality
- Significant experience of operating software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements
- Flexible and adaptable
- You may need to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray this is normally undertaken by use of a car*
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate key inter-personal skills on the telephone, by email and face to face
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work in a shared/open plan office
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service
- Ability to work in different offices depending on the needs of the service
- Ability to work under pressure whilst meeting deadlines
- Capacity to deal with some emotionally difficult and sensitive situations
Re-advert of MOR05928, previous applicants need not reapply.
Temporary up to 31 March 2022, likely to be extended for a further 12 months.
Closing Date: 20 September 2021
Starting Salary: £21,507
£11.41 per hour
36.25 hours per week
For further information contact: Fiona Michie, Business Support Administration Manager, email@example.com