- Location: Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- Salary: £17,323.00 - £18,642.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 21.75 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
To provide efficient and effective clerical support within Education and Social Care, as part of the Business Support Team.
- The Business Support Team undertakes a diverse range of work to support the service provision of Education & Social Care. Employees will work primarily in one service area, which is the “lead role” of the job, but would be called upon to support other areas where there are peaks in work, similarly being supported by colleagues in handling peaks in their main service area. Troughs in demand will be used for cross training or to support demand elsewhere within Education & Social Care.
- Provide clerical support for Education & Social Care officers.
- Undertake tasks and processes to support the work of Education & Social Care.
- Participate as part of the Business Support Team.
- Participate in the Council's employee review and development programme.
- Experience in clerical work including figure work, data entry, word processing, record keeping and filing
- Experience of working in a busy office environment using relevant technology and equipment e.g. photocopier, email, Intra/Internet
- 4 SQA Standard grades or equivalent at level 3 or above including English and Maths/Arithmetic
- Recognised qualification for word processing, e.g. ECDL or equivalent
- Recognised qualification for spreadsheets, e.g. ECDL or equivalent
- High level of accuracy in work
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to use initiative in day to day tasks
- Ability to participate as a team member
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer care
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Self confident and self motivated
- Appreciation and acceptance of, and commitment to the importance of confidentiality
- Knowledge of software packages – e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- Ability to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate key inter-personal skills, both on the telephone and face to face
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work in an open plan/shared office
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service
- Ability to work in different offices depending on the needs of the service
Temporary appointment for a 6 month period
Closing Date: 26 November 2019
Starting Salary: £17,323 (pro rata)
£9.19 per hour
21.75 Hours per week (Wednesday-Friday)
For further information contact Fiona Michie (01343) 563113