- Location: Forres Academy Burdsyard Road Forres Moray, IV36 1FG
- Salary: £17,323.00 - £18,642.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Full Time
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
To provide an efficient and effective reception and clerical support service within the school.
- To provide a general reception service to members of the public and visitors to the school.
- General clerical duties.
- Typing/word processing.
- Book keeping as required.
- Other duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment using relevant technology and equipment e.g. photocopier, E-mail, Intra/Internet
- Significant clerical/administration/typing experience, including production of letter/report, filing, cash handling and dealing with the public
- Experience of using a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Phoenix, Publisher, Seemis
- 4 SQA standard grades or equivalent (at level 3 or above, including English and Mathematics/Arithmetic*)
- Advanced keyboard qualification (RSA II in typing, audio typing, word processing)/ ECDL/Clait* (or equivalent working knowledge of Microsoft software packages)
- Ability to use initiative when required
- Flexible in approach and open to different ways of working
- Self-confidence and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills: oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to record information accurately
- Strong customer care skills and focus
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Sound knowledge of software packages e.g. Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of numeracy and literacy
- Effective organisational skills/time management with the ability to respond to conflicting and competing demands
- Ability to prioritise workload, in accordance with objectives and targets
- Ability to relate well with all levels of staff
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation
- Appreciation, acceptance of and commitment to importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a shared office
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service.
- Ability to work in different offices dependent on the service
Temporary appointment, initially until May 2020 with potential to extend
Re-advert of MOR04636 - previous applicants need not reapply
Closing Date: 21 February 2020
Starting Salary: £17,323 (pro rata)
£9.19 per hour
36.25 hours per week (47 week contract. ie term time working plus balance of days to be worked during school holiday periods)
Proposed interview date - TBC
For further information contact: Forres Academy, Tel: 01309 672271