- Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- £27,709 - £30,216 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
To deliver support to Community Councils with their statutory role ensuring their work is in accordance with the approved Moray Council Scheme. Supporting the strategic collective organisation of The Joint Community Councils of Moray (JCC).
Support, develop and deliver capacity building initiatives with individual Community Councils and the JCC.
Support the good governance of Community Councils.
Provide administrative support and direction for Community Councils and JCC.
Assist the Returning Officer of the Council with Community Council Elections.
- Proven track record of engaging communities, using community learning and development processes.
- Experience of development work with local committees and community organisations.
- Good understanding and experience of developing and sustaining effective partnerships.
- Experience of working in community partnerships.
- Relevant qualification, to SVQ3/HNC or equivalent level, in youth work, adult learning, community development or similar area
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to use own initiative.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Full current driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Proven ability to apply effective group work skills.
- Good ICT Skills.
- Ability to manage competing demands.
- Experience of organising and servicing meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Able to communicate effectively with a broad cross section of community members and professionals, using a range of methods.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to focus on agreed objectives, to ensure they are achieved within agreed timescales.
- Good general health.
Closing Date: 6 August 2021
Starting Salary: £27,709 (pro rata)
£14.70 per hour
20 Hours per week
For further information contact Dawn Brodie, Community Learning & Engagement Team Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org