- Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- £41,847 - £45,805.50 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
THE MORAY COUNCIL
EDUCATION, COMMUNITIES AND ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
ICT Team Leader (Support)
The ICT Service implemented a revised staffing structure in 2019. As part of that change, a new team was created to provide first and second line support for all of the Council’s Information Systems and ICT Infrastructure (Desktop, Network and Server), and to develop and maintain the Council’s future Desktop strategy.
The team provides ICT support to all service departments across the Council. In total, the team supports just over 90 remote sites; this includes the Council’s 8 secondary schools and 45 primary schools.
Following the recent appointment of the current post-holder to a new role in the ICT Service, we are looking to recruit an experienced, motivated and customer focused ICT Team Leader to head up the Support Team.
You will ideally hold a Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, and will have significant experience of leading a multi-disciplined technical support team, preferably in a local government environment.
Major tasks for this role include:
• develop and implement ICT desktop systems
• manage service delivery in line with agreed Service Level Agreements
• assist the ICT Manager to undertake strategy and planning initiatives with regard to the ICT desktop estate
• assist the ICT Manager in the management and administration with regard to ICT contracts, projects and resources
• manage and supervise employees within the Support Team
During the pandemic, the focus of the Support Team has been to roll out a significant volume of mobile devices to facilitate home working and home learning. This has placed additional pressures on the team and, consequently, a number of areas of work have been deferred during that time.
The ICT Team Leader will be expected to start to address this backlog of work, as well as undertaking work, which will assist with moving towards recovery post pandemic.
Some of the specific tasks include:
• oversee Support Team projects e.g. schools’ equipment refresh programme, current and future Education ICT Strategy programme, and corporate refresh projects
• assist in the corporate Office Review project i.e. ICT desktop requirements for when staff return to office based working
• address backlog of calls on the ICT Servicedesk
• develop the use of the ICT Servicedesk to incorporate additional ICT processes e.g. change management
• manage ongoing transition of tasks from / to other ICT teams as appropriate
• review and develop roles within the team e.g. establish further supervisory roles, develop Technical Administrator role
Please note, the job description attached is generic and covers all disciplines within the ICT function at the ICT Team Leader level. The specific duties for this vacancy are set out in the text above.
This is a Re-advertisement
Closing Date: 8 October 2021
Starting Salary: £41,847 – £45,805
£22.20 - £24.30 per hour
36.25 Hours per week
For further information contact: Graham Cooper – firstname.lastname@example.org