- The Annexe, 2 - 10 High Street, Elgin, IV30 1BY
- £37,402 - £41,500 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The postholder working with other senior postholders, together with the Residential Child Care Manager, will constitute the management team within this residential child care service based in Elgin. The senior will assist the Manager in all tasks necessary for establishing this service and then in ensuring the effective operation of this residential service.
To be directly accountable to the Manager of the houses and to assist the Manager in the management and leadership of the houses and be responsible in the absence of the Manager.
To have responsibility for the safety, health, wellbeing and development of the young people resident within the care provision and support young people who have left the service but who require ongoing support and advice.
To have responsibility for the staff for whom you have line management responsibility, ensuring standards of care and safety are met at all times.
- Substantial experience in residential care for children aged 12-18 years.
- Experience of supervisory / management responsibilities, within residential care for children.
- Experience of project, service and team monitoring, evaluation and development.
- Experience of multiagency working.
- Experience of assessing need and risk in child care practice.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating services.
- Experience of budget management.
- Health and Safety legislation with regard to the management of residential care for Looked After Children.
- Knowledge of National Minimum Care Standards.
- Experience of Inspections.
- HNC / SVQ III or equivalent
- Ability to provide purposeful leadership in team and multiagency environments.
- Effective analytical and evaluative abilities and clear thinking.
- Capacity to develop and manage change.
- An expansive professional outlook.
- Experience in chairing meetings.
- IT literate and willing to undertake further training as required.
- Ability to deliver / co-deliver training.
- Ability to develop a staff team and work within budget.
- Ability to consider services in structural and organisational terms.
- Ability to work with others to produce policies and procedures within legislation and departmental guidelines.
- Effective utilisation of financial and human resources.
- A strong sense of professional identify and the role of residential care in placement services.
- Sound knowledge of social work theory and research and an ability to relate this to the management of residential care for children within placement services.
- Ability to liaise, plan and negotiate effectively across agency boundaries.
- A commitment to deliver quality services for not less than National standards for residential care.
- Ability to ensure regular structured supervision is provided for all staff.
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray this is normally undertaken by use of a car/van.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Capacity to make decisions under pressure.
- Appreciation, acceptance of and a commitment to the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to form productive and enabling working relationships.
- Willingness to work outside office hours, be part of the on-call rota and undertake sleep in duty.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Starting Salary: £37,402
£19.44 per hour
37 hours per week
For further information, contact Donna McDonald – 01343 550990