- Council Headquarters High Street Elgin Moray, IV30 1BX
- £58,906 - £64,485 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
This position has expired.
As an innovative and improving local authority, we are looking for an experienced and capable individual for this exciting and challenging post in our service senior management team. This post will focus on leading and delivering our social work service to children and families in Moray. Over the next 12-18 months, this service will move across to the Moray Integration Joint Board, and join adult social work services in Health and Social Care Moray.
Identify, analyse and address strengths and areas for improvement within and between operational teams working together in an integrated manner.
In collaboration with the Head of Service and other senior managers, develop, consistently implement and evaluate strategies and policies in order to achieve local and national priorities.
Take responsibility and be accountable for the efficient deployment of all section resources, including staffing in the service.
Ensure the continuous improvement of the service using a variety of audit, monitoring, quality assurance and performance improvement methods.
Represent the section, the department and the Council on relevant groups and participate or chair appropriate meetings.
- Minimum of 6 years post qualifying experience working in social work
- Multiagency working.
- Previous supervisory/ management responsibilities.
- Budget Management
- Professional qualification in social work.
- Registration with appropriate professional body.
- In chairing meetings.
- Understanding of relational models of practice
- Provide purposeful leadership in team and multiagency environments.
- Good analytical and evaluative abilities and clear thinking.
- Capacity to manage change.
- An expansive professional outlook.
- Monitoring and evaluating services.
- Experience of inspection regimes.
- Able to develop services and projects.
- Able to consider services in structural and organisational terms.
- Effective utilisation of financial and human resources.
- A strong professional commitment to integrated working and evidence based practice
- Able to liaise, plan and negotiate effectively at a senior level and across agency boundaries.
- A commitment to deliver quality services to agreed standards.
- Able to multi-task
- Discreet and able to work within Code of Confidentiality.
- You will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Moray to meet the operational requirements of the Service. Due to the rural nature of Moray this is normally undertaken by use of a car.
- Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Capacity to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to form productive and enabling working relationships.
- Ability to frequently work out with office hours
RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF MOR05763 - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Closing Date: 6 August 2021
Starting Salary: £58,906
£31.25 per hour
36.25 hours per week
For further information, contact Tracy Stephen - 07890 623456