- Location: Cunninghame House, Friars Croft, Irvine, KA12 8EE
- Salary: £34,987.05 - £38,257.38 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This post is based in the Corporate Procurement team within our Finance and Corporate Support Service. Reporting to the Category Manager - Supplies, Services and Works, you will be involved in the support and delivery of a number of public procurement projects as part of a pipeline of future contracts which are scheduled to be implemented. For more details see the attached Role Profile below.
Staff Values & Behaviours
North Ayrshire Council uses behavioural based approach throughout the recruitment process. Our staff values of Focus, Passion & Inspiration will be explored for this vacancy.
Further information on how to complete behaviour based application form questions is available on the Council’s website.
We put our customers first
We understand the bigger picture
- Provide excellent customer services
- Meet and where possible exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Understand the performance levels and standards required within our own role and strive to achieve and where possible exceed these.
- Know how the work we do fits into the overall performance of the Council.
We take pride in the jobs we do
We are ambitious for our community
- Take ownership of our own actions and performance.
- Reflect on the work we do and consider how it could be improved.
- Have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and their communities.
- Push the boundaries to help our customers and communities realise their potential.
We all look for better ways to deliver our services
We achieve the best results together
- Find new ways to deliver improvements, efficiencies and value for money.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm and creative ideas.
- Work together and creatively produce the best outcomes for our customers and communities.
- Plan all activities with the end goal in mind.
For your information if this post requires references you will be notified of further details if you are successful in gaining an interview. Not providing relevant references when requested may delay the outcome of the interview process.
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a Basic Disclosure check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by North Ayrshire Council. Please note: Successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the Basic Disclosure Check of £25 which will be deducted from your wages following the commencement of employment. For further information on the Disclosure Scheme please visit https://www.mygov.scot/organisations/disclosure-scotland/. For further details on North Ayrshire Council’s policy please visit http://www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk/resident/jobs-and-training/pre-employment-checks.aspx.