- 2 High Street, Perth, PH1 5PH
- £29,676 - £32,942 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Finance Officer (Fixed Term until 31 March 2023)
£29,676 - £32,942 (Pay award negotiations currently in progress)
2 High Street, Perth
This post is subject to employer pension contributions of 17% if the post holder joins the Local Government Pension Scheme
This post can participate in the PKC Flexi-time Scheme.
2 High Street, Perth (currently working from home during the COVID-19 Pandemic)
More info on what PKC offers employees can be found here, website (go to Employment information section)
The post is part of a team providing a comprehensive range of financial management services within Education & Children’s Services.
These services include:
- budget preparation
- budget monitoring & variance investigation
- supporting budget holders & support staff in their financial management roles
- providing advice and costings to Project Teams involved in reviewing/designing services delivered by Education & Children’s Services (i.e. building new schools, online payments for school activities, redesign of services delivered by social work staff)
- implementing new financial systems and processes to support changes to services delivered by Education & Children’s Services
- providing financial training to colleagues within the team and across Education & Children’s Services
- carrying out financial control examinations on ECS budgets and financial processes
- ensuring good practice in the recording of financial information.
The team use various systems such as the Integra Financial System, PECOS Procurement System, Parentpay and the Resourcelink HR System. These systems are used to analyse data to produce comprehensive reports for Budget Holders and Senior Management.
The post requires you to hold an HND in Accounting, or membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians or an equivalent financial qualification.
You must have a valid driving licence as this post may require you to travel to a variety of locations across Perth and Kinross.
In order to carry out duties of this role, you must:
- have experience of working in a financial environment where you have used accountancy skills
- have experience of preparing budgets and preparing budget monitoring statements for budget holders
- be able to perform to a high standard
- be able to meet tight deadlines
- have well developed ICT skills, in particular Excel
- work as a team player
- be able to work on own initiative
- have a flexible approach to change
- be committed to delivering high quality services
- be able to establish and sustain positive relationships with colleagues throughout the Council as well as with key stakeholders.
- To take responsibility within your team to drive forward new ways of working to provide effective, efficient and comprehensive finance support to the Service.
- Provision of financial management support and guidance to Budget Holders regarding revenue and capital budgets.
- Production of monthly monitoring statements for Budget Holders, identifying variances, and provision of advice to Budget Holders on possible courses of corrective action.
- Production of monthly monitoring reports for Senior Management.
- Ensure year-end final accounts guidance is adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Assist in the co-ordination, preparation of the annual revenue and capital budget setting process.
- Ensure that appropriate advice, guidance and training on financial systems and procedures is available and delivered to Education & Children’s Services staff as required.
- Assist with the preparation of grant claims, statistical returns and FOI requests as required.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Lynn Oswald, Assistant Finance Manager via email - email@example.com
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.