- Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- £23,481 - £26,015 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Operational Support Officer (PKC07576)
£23,481 - £26,015
Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
We are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile and motivated individual to join the Council’s Property Service as an Operational Support Officer. The post is part of the Operational Support Team which supports a range of activities within Property.
You will be responsible for effectively maintaining the Property Helpdesk, which will involve responding to requests for reactive maintenance work across the operational (non domestic) property estate. Using your skills, knowledge and experience you will also be required to facilitate minor repairs via Property term contractors, providing advice and support across a range of property issues.
The main duties of the post will include:
- ensuring that an effective Property Maintenance Helpdesk is maintained by dealing with maintenance calls, urgent and routine, requesting works and allocating to relevant officers as required;
- facilitating minor repairs via Property term contractors where possible;
- providing technical advice and support across a range of property issues;
- authorising small works orders;
- liaising directly with contractors in relation to maintenance and servicing works;
- periodically attending site inspections along with Maintenance Officers to check contractors work standards and performance;
- producing weekly/monthly data/statistics on works progress;
- providing statistical information and reports;
- development and management of keys module within the Property management system and ongoing management of site access arrangements;
- assisting with other Operational Support Team duties.
The nature of this post is reactive and it is essential for the you to have good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure. You must be able to communicate effectively and with authority, demonstrate strong customer focus, and provide confident and informed advice.
You should have some experience of property related issues and construction trades in general, have an understanding of property related terminology and experience of using, developing and managing databases and management systems.
You must be able to work effectively as part of a team, as well as having a flexible and adaptable approach to sharing duties.
Must be computer literate with IT skills in Microsoft Office applications.
You must have a valid UK driving licence as this post requires you to travel to a variety of locations across Perth and Kinross.
For further information on this post, please contact Lorraine McCowan, Team Leader - Property Operational Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.