- Location: Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5GD
- Salary: £35,945.00 - £39,305.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Placemaking Project Management Officer - PKC06297
£35,945 - £39,305
Pullar House, Perth
Perth & Kinross Council is committed to the promotion of sustainable development which supports the economy and protects and enhances the environment in an area which experiences varied and challenging development and environmental pressures.
Located within the Planning and Development service and based at Pullar House, Perth, you will be responsible for a range of tasks principally in relation to the planning, design, development and overall management of phases of place based urban design and development projects, prior to these being handed over to the Council's Road Infrastructure and Property Teams for delivery.
In this role, you will have specific responsibility for working as part of a multi-disciplinary cross service team, to manage the successful implementation of multi-million pound major funding awards, via the Places for Everyone initiative and Tay Cities Deal, working closely in conjunction with the Council's Road Infrastructure and Place Development Teams.
The role also involves:
- supporting delivery of of approved Capital schemes.
- supporting wider strategy development.
- responsibility for programme and project development and the effective transition of projects to pre-delivery stage within governance, time, scope and financial parameters.
- progressing the following tasks in relation to project development: scoping and optioneering; urban design and development briefs; economic appraisal; environmental appraisal; outline and full business case development; landscape and urban design; legal financial and consultation and external funding reporting requirements.
- facilitating consultation events and providing advice to stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level in an appropriate technical and professional qualification and /or essential relevant work experience in developing major urban development and public realm schemes e.g. Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning or Urban Design or Programme/Project Manager with Project Management Qualification.
You are also required to have:
- Relevant planning experience in the development of strategies and Client and project management of property and public realm schemes.
- Technical skills across a range of economic development, planning, public infrastructure and urban design and management activities.
- Effective communication, leadership and influencing abilities with appropriate written and problem solving skills.
- Political experience, awareness and sensitivity.
- Proven ability in Project/Programme Management and Procurement.
- Understanding and appreciation of wider Corporate Objectives.
- Knowledge of relevant and emerging Economic Development, Transport and Planning legislation.
- Experience in drafting technical and Committee Reports.
- Experience in drafting Briefs and Instructions and managing project change controls.
If you would like any more information regarding this vacancy, please contact John McCrone, Service Manager on 01738 475385.
When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.