- Location: Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1TS
- Salary: £30,167.00 - £32,959.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Based at Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley.
As part of Renfrewshire Council’s ambitious plans to transform the digital experience offered to internal and external audiences, we are seeking two experienced Content Designers. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the implementation of the new Digital Channels Strategy 2019-23 which sets out the foundations of a seamless, integrated, consistent, and personalised digital experience across all touchpoints and devices.
Our aim is to deliver a seamless user journey between our channels such as websites, apps and social media. Over the next four years, our goal is to improve the relationship between Renfrewshire Council, local people, partners and employees through the development and use of digital channels. To deliver this vision, we will revamp our current digital channels and focus on three distinct workstreams:
• Make renfrewshire.gov.uk and its information easy to discover and use;
• Establish the staff portal as the doorway to our digital workplace; and
• Enable collaboration and knowledge sharing to develop better digital services.
As a member of the Corporate Communications team you will use specialist content design and editing skills to support the delivery of a new public website and intranet. You will also provide support, advice and guidance to the Digital Experience Manager and relevant stakeholders on a day to day basis, ensuring that:
• Renfrewshire Council’s online information and services are user focused, accurate, and accessible, taking account of research, feedback and testing with our users.
• Internal and external stakeholders including content publishers and subject experts receive a comprehensive and efficient service to deliver content that meets user needs but also business goals.
• Activities related to content development within the agreed action plan of the Digital Channels Strategy are delivered appropriately.
You will have a relevant degree or qualification and previous experience in creating outstanding, accessible and effective content for multiple digital interfaces and audiences. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a high volume of content and must therefore exercise judgement and pragmatism to ensure that content meets organisational goals and priorities in a timely manner. Accurate in your work with a creative flair, you will be enthusiastic and able to interpret complex information across a broad range of subject matter. This will include translating technical and specialist information into useful, well written and presented content. You will have effective communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships and work well with stakeholders, subject matter experts and team members from other digital disciplines. Ideally you will have a sound knowledge of web migration projects and understanding of usability and content prototyping.
It is also essential you have practical experience of working with Content Management Systems and other digital tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
The posts are fixed term for a period of three years. For an informal discussion about any aspect of this post please contact Philippe Fara, Web and Multimedia Editor, on 0141 618 4140.
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk.
Closing Date - Wednesday 13 November 2019