- Hq - Main Building, Council Headquarters, Newtown St.Boswells, Melrose, Roxburghshire, TD6 0SA
- £24,949.18 - £27,084.43 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Hourly Rate: £13.67 - £14.84
Salary: £24,949.18 - £27,084.43 pro rata per annum
Contract Duration: Temporary until 30 June 2023
Please note successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the salary scale unless they meet certain criteria.
Interviews for this post are due to be held on 09/12/2022.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person for the role of Community Care Assessor (Finance) who will specialise in providing assistance to people in the Scottish Borders. The successful applicant will provide information, advice and advocacy service resulting in the maximising of the income and services. This includes carrying out assessments of need, financial or otherwise, and identifying solutions by case taking into account factors such as age, illness, disability, income, etc to improve outcomes for both the client and the Council.
• A minimum of 5 SCE standard grades at level 3 or above (or equivalent) including English, Mathematics or Arithmetic or
• An appropriate level of Customer Services related qualification or SVQ level 3 or
• Demonstrable suitable relevant experience
A current driving licence and use of a vehicle is an essential requirement of this post.
* If you have a disability which precludes you from holding a drivers licence, Scottish Borders Council will take into account its responsibility to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Should it be possible to make such an adjustment in order that you can undertake the travel responsibilities of the post, this will be taken into account in consideration for this role.
Informal enquiries may be made to Gary Murdie by telephone on 01835 824000 or by email at email@example.com
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.