- Hq - Main Building, Council Headquarters, Newtown St.Boswells, Melrose, Roxburghshire, TD6 0SA
- £32,303.92 - £35,059.67 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Hourly Rate: £17.70 - £19.21
Salary: £32,303.92 - £35,059.67 pro rata per annum
Contract Duration: Temporary until 31/12/2023
There are 3 posts available.
Please note successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the salary scale unless they meet certain criteria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit 3 Financial Analysts to the Financial Services team for a temporary period of 12 months.
As a Financial Analyst you will support the Senior Financial Analyst in providing support and advice to a range of services within the organisation. You will also have supervisory responsibility for a Finance Technician within the team who will support you in delivering financial advice to a number of services.
You will be part of the team working collaboratively with colleagues as well as being able to work under your own initiative.
Principal duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking revenue & capital budget monitoring
- Providing sound advice and guidance to managers, finding solutions where appropriate and answering queries clearly and promptly
- Identifying problems to be addressed and any risks and/or opportunities by researching, analysing and interpreting information to arrive at decisions & conclusions.
- Assisting in the preparation of 5-year Revenue and 10-year Capital Financial Plans including annual budgets
- Providing a Financial Management and Administration Service
- Maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues within Financial Services and working collaboratively to achieve effective cross-department support for client departments
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the finance function and the wider council
- Ensuring value for money and the effective use of resources
- Supervising the work of finance staff ensuring adherence to procedures and achievement of objectives
The posts are full-time however part-time hours will be considered. The council has implemented agile working practices and is committed to promoting home-working as a crucial part of facilitating an agile workforce.
AAT/HND or equivalent or substantial experience in a financial management
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.