- Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- £13.05 - £13.66 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Shetland Islands Council’s ‘Housing Support Shetland’ is a regulated Housing Support Service. Housing Support Shetland is registered with the Care Inspectorate to deliver Housing Support to adults in line with National Care Standards and statutory legislative requirements.
Housing Support Services as prescribed by The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 (Housing Support Services) Regulations 2002 aim to develop or sustain an individual’s ability and capacity to live independently in their own accommodation. Legislation on housing support regulations accompany a statutory housing support duty introduced on 1 June 2013, through which local authorities must assess the housing support needs of homeless applicants to whom they have a duty to secure settled accommodation. Housing support enables vulnerable people to maintain their tenancies, avoid repeat homelessness, and live independent, fulfilling lives in their communities.
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post, which is a career development opportunity. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade document attached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E/F
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Scalloway, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: George Martin, Team Leader on 01595 744371 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here