- Hayfield House, Hayfield Lane, Lerwick, ZE1 0QD
- £12.32 - £15.17 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
This position has expired.
We are expanding our Anchor for Families team, across Shetland. These are important and exciting new roles, supporting families, schools and other universal services, to provide whole-family support. It is critical, at this time of rising prices, that we can enable families to get the support they need as early as we can. More information about our work can be found here: https://www.shetland.gov.uk/family-support/anchor-early-action/2
The posts are advertised as temporary, for up to 23 months; however the service will be requesting that these posts are to be made permanent in the next few months.
The main purpose of the Early Action Support Worker is to provide early action support to Shetland’s communities, families and services. The post holder will be responsible for exploring with families and services different ways of working to achieve better outcomes.
To be really effective there are three aspects to the role – these are not mutually exclusive:
- Family Support
- Peer Knowledge & Support.
By doing so, it will contribute to:
- improving the outcomes for individuals and families in Shetland who may be struggling; and
- shift spend from services addressing failure demand to early action and prevention.
The post is not about resolving service specific issues and it is not about usurping the legitimate role and remit of other professionals. It is not an additional service; it is about being the vehicle through which families and services explore different ways of working to achieve better outcomes.
This vacancy is being advertised as a Career Graded post, which is a career development opportunity. This means that the Council is committed to supporting the successful candidate to obtain the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge to become fully competent in the role. Please see the Career Grade document attached to this advert that outlines the entry level requirements for the job and the expected career progression route. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G/H
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- The Anchor for Families Team is recruiting to a number of vacancies, with a degree of flexibility around hours and location.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Emma Perring, Programme Manager - Early Action on 01595 744537 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here