- Bigga Ferry, c/o Port Admin Building, Sella Ness, Sullom Voe, ZE2 9QR
- £40,976.48 - £42,690.07 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 42 hours per week
This position has expired.
Under the direction of the Master or person(s) authorised by the Master, the Ferry Engineer will preform the following engineering shipboard tasks singularly or with other crew:
- Ensuring the safe, efficient and cost effective operation of main propulsion and auxiliary machinery.
- Keeping the Master of the vessel fully informed as to the condition, maintenance, replacement and state of readiness of all machinery, electrical and propulsion equipment on board, especially where it may affect the safe and scheduled operation.
- Ensuring that the vessel's equipment, machinery and electrical systems are maintained in good working order.
More details are provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached below.
This post is based on the MV Bigga, Gutcher. For information regarding accommodation, please contact us and we can explore options.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: David Henderson or Michael Slater, Engineer Superintendent on 01595 744235/4233 or e-mail email@example.com
Please follow the link below for further information.
- The grade of this post is Grade I.
- Permanent full time post of 42 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year.
- Salary shown is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance per annum, unsocial allowance and contracted overtime payment.
- A relocation package does not apply to this post.
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland.
- Ability to work outside normal hours/standby as required
- Should possess the minimum qualification STCW OOW Near Coastal.
- Must be physically fit and hold an ENG1 Medical Examination.
- Must be a self motivated team player with strong leadership skills, as well as having excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.