- Gremista, Lerwick, ZE1 0PX
- £31,762.34 - £44,466.08 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Engineering Inspection and Compliance Surveyor
£31,762.34 – £44,466.08 per annum (I/J/L Career Graded) inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance.
Salary scale placement is dependent on the expectations and education requirements for each grade. The successful candidate will be supported to become fully competent in the role and progress through the career grade. Where there is a requirement to achieve a qualification, this will be fully funded by the Council. Please see the Career Grade descriptor for further details.
A relocation package applies to these posts and we will pay interview expenses from within the UK.
Are you an ambitious or aspiring engineering professional looking for a fresh career challenge? Here at Shetland Islands Council we have a job for someone just like you.
In a challenging and varied role, you will oversee the Councils fixed and mobile plant and equipment in accordance with current regulations to ensure that it meets all the statutory duties. You will also provide advice on new plant, equipment and their associated technologies to be incorporated across the Council’s estate, ensuring that new items are appropriately commissioned and can be locally maintained throughout their life cycle. Please refer to the Job Profile for further details.
As an Engineering Inspection and Compliance Surveyor for Shetland Islands Council you will benefit from:
- Excellent Salary and Conditions
- Distant islands allowance
- A comprehensive relocation package
- A varied workload and excellent career development opportunities.
- A stress-free commute to work
- An exceptional work/life balance
Shetland is an archipelago in north of the British Isles where you’ll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and a dynamic, forward-looking society. The islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities.
Find out more about:
- The grade of this post is I/J/L
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on meeting the requirements for each grade level as described in the Career Grade document.
- Salary of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Infrastructure Services, Gremista, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Steven Goodlad, Team Leader on 01595 744705 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.