- Anderson High School, North Loch Drive, Lerwick, ZE1 0GR
- £20,239.44 - £21,069.63 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Groundsperson / Handyperson works under the general direction of the Head Janitor and is responsible for carrying out general grounds maintenance duties in and around the external areas of the Anderson High School.
Anderson High School is a six year school, serving Lerwick and the surrounding areas, with our associated primary schools of Bells Brae, Hamnavoe, Nesting, Scalloway, Sound, Tingwall and Whiteness. In addition, pupils from the small islands of Fair Isle, Foula and Fetlar attend the school for up to six years. The school also serves all pupils in Shetland for S5 and S6, except for those attending Brae High School. There are extensive transport arrangements into Lerwick, and Halls of Residence accommodation for those pupils unable to travel each day.
In September 2020, 937 pupils were enrolled at Anderson High School. The Head Teacher is Ms Valerie Nicolson
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is D
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,265 per annum
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.27 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £10.75 per hour
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have a full UK driving licence and the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Anderson High School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Valerie Nicolson, Head Teacher on 01595 808008 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.