- Location: Isleshavn Care Centre, Mid Yell, Yell, ZE2 9BT
- Rate: £10.47 - £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 4 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. The postholder will attend to the practical, social and emotional needs of the service users in their care to enable people to live in the community as independently as possible. Depending on the service, the post holder will be required to support service users in their own homes and/or in residential or supported accommodation, this will include either
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; or
- Adults with mental ill-health
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is D
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Employees on the first point of grade D will be paid a Scottish Living Wage supplement of £0.27 per hour. The hourly rate will therefore be £10.74 per hour.
- Permanent Part Time post for 4.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Isleshavn Care Services, Yell, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact:
Duncan Johnson, Team Leader, Tel - 01595 745727, Email - Duncan.Johnson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.