- Happy Hansel Primary School, Walls, Shetland, ZE2 9PG
- £58,137 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Joint Head Teacher - Happyhansel and Sandness Primary Schools
Are you a Head Teacher or aspiring Head Teacher looking for an exciting new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Head Teacher to join our team as a Joint Head Teacher of Happyhansel Primary School, in Walls and Sandness Primary School, in Sandness.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
Our beautiful location offers great opportunities for learning and we benefit from an excellently resourced high school, at the heart of a caring, supportive community.
Happyhansel Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Walls. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Walls, West Burrafirth and as far east as West Houlland. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 46 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Sandness). The current staffing complement is 2 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands.
Sandness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Sandness. It provides primary education from P1 to P7 for children from Sandness and surrounding areas. The structure of the school is 1 composite primary class. There is currently a total of 18 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher (joint with Happyhansel). The current staffing complement is 1 teacher assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands.
Candidates should detail in their application whether they currently hold registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS). If not, candidates should detail in their application whether they have sought confirmation that they will be able to be registered with the GTCS.
As well as the relevant qualifications and experience, qualities we are looking for in the successful candidate are: vision, energy, initiative, good communication skills and self-discipline.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information and details provided in the job profile and Person Specification.
- The grade of this post is Depute Head Teacher & Head Teacher 3
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject specialism: Primary
- Qualification requirement: B.Ed or PGDE
- Class information, age range, etc: P1-P7 and ELC
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Happyhansel Primary School, Walls and Sandness Primary School, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Andrea Henderson, Quality Improvement Officer, Telephone 01595 744059 or email Andrea.Henderson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.