- Location: Aith Junior High School, Aith, ZE2 9NB
- Rate: £11.65 - £13.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
To assist in the management and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN).
A Learning Support Worker may be asked to work with any child or group of children either within a department or within a mainstream class. They may be asked to work alongside and with specific guidance from any teacher within a School. Work around an individual child may be based on an individualised education programme. This programme is followed by all staff working with the child / young person and may involve working with professionals and therapists e.g. Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Child Psychologist, etc.
Aith Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Aith on the west side of Shetland. It provides Early Years, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the west side of Shetland. The structure of the school an Early Years Setting, 5 primary classes and a secondary department from S1-S4. There is currently a total of 230 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and a Depute. The Head Teacher is Mr Michael Spence. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.aith.shetland.sch.uk/.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- This post is not career graded
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Aith Junior High School, Aith
For further details relating to this post, please contact:
Michael Spence, Head Teacher on 01595 807400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.