- Location: Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness, ZE2 9JG
- Rate: £11.65 - £13.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Job Share
- Hours: 12 hours per week
This position has expired.
To support the care, welfare and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN) in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines.
Dunrossness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Dunrossness. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Sumburgh to Levenwick. The school has an early learning and childcare setting for 3-5 year olds, operating for 8 hours each day, and 5 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 102 primary pupils and 30 nursery pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 5 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Andrea Henderson.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G
- This post is not career graded
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576
- Permanent Job Share post for 12.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Andrea Henderson, Head Teacher, on 01595 745440, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.