- Location: Sound Primary School, Sound, Lerwick, ZE1 0LY
- Rate: £12.78 - £13.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 16 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
To support the care, welfare and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN) in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines.
Sound Primary School is a non-denominational school located in the Sound area of Lerwick and provides education from nursery to Primary 7. The school structure currently consists of 1 nursery session per day and has 14 primary classes. There are 17 Class Teachers & 1 nursery teacher, 3 Support for Learning Teachers and a variety of Specialist Teachers. Our staffing also includes clerical staff, support staff, supervisors, crossing patrol assistants and a janitor. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers. The Head Teacher is Mrs Ann-Marie Angus. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.sound.shetland.sch.uk/school/ or on our school blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/website/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 16.0 Hours per Week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6-12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sound Primary School, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ann-Marie Angus, Head Teacher on 01595 744982 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.