- Mossbank Primary School, Mossbank, ZE2 9RB
- £12.78 - £13.30 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
Mossbank Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Mossbank. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Mossbank, Firth and Toft. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class and 2 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 40 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 2 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Jennifer Nisbet. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.mossbank.shetland.sch.uk/.
To support the care, welfare and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN) in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines.
A Learning Support Worker may be asked to work with any child or group of children either within a department, within a mainstream class or within an early learning and childcare (ELC) setting. They may be asked to work alongside, or with specific guidance from, any teacher within a school. Work around an individual child may be based on an individualised education programme (IEP). This programme is followed by all staff working with the child/young person and may involve working with other professionals and therapists e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Educational Psychologist, members of the Educational Outreach Service, etc.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 20.0 Hours per Week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 7 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mossbank Primary School.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Jennifer Nisbet, Head Teacher on 01595 807281 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.