- Shetland College, Gremista, Lerwick, ZE1 0PX
- £35,735.00 - £43,761.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The duties of a lecturer within the Creative Industries section of Shetland College include preparation, teaching and assessment of students in this area. Also continuous professional development and development of courses for local and pan UHI delivery.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
- The grade of this post is LECT
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Temporary Term Time Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 40 weeks per year plus 12 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Children) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date: w/c 24/08/2020
This post is based at Shetland College, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Simon Clarke, Senior Lecturer, email@example.com, 01595 771278
The main duties of a Lecturer include:
• Planning lessons.
• Monitoring progress and adjusting lesson plans.
• Teaching planned lessons and underpinning knowledge to students assigned to approved courses.
• Helping students to achieve their awards.
• Grading and recording students’ work to standards set by the awarding body, SQA and UHI.
Applications must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant degree, professional qualification and 2 years teaching experience in creative industries
- Ability to deliver and develop Creative Industries subjects to a variety of people with different levels of ability.
- Excellent communication skills, personal motivation and organisational ability.
- Flexibility, flair and creativity.