- Location: North Haven Care Centre, Brae, ZE2 9TY
- Rate: £8.73 - £9.18 per hour
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Are you aged 16-24 and looking to start a career in Administration within the Social Care Services?
Do you wish to become a fully qualified Administration Support Worker?
Community Health and Social Care are recruiting for a Modern Apprentice to join existing Administration Support team within the Community Health and Social Care Services, across Shetland. The Modern Apprentice will learn how to provide all aspects of administration support within legislation and SIC polices and guidelines. This would include, reception duties, archiving, operation of financial systems and daily admin tasks which support service delivery. Support will be given to study in the work place and via the Shetland College. This will allow the successful candidates to understand their role fully and to gain a Scottish Vocational Qualification in administration.
Modern Apprentices will work 35 hours per week Monday to Friday however there may be occasions where we would require you to work flexibly to meet the needs of the developing services.
Working within the Social Care Sector can bring great satisfaction for both staff and customers. So, if you are interested in working with people, have good interpersonal and communications skills, Community Health and Social Care would welcome your application.
For full information on the role of a Modern Apprentice – Admin Support Worker, please see the Job Profile and Person Specification.
- The grade of this post is A/B
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1172 per hour
- 2 years Modern Apprenticeships for 35.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at North Haven Care Services, Brae, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Iain MacBride, Team Leader, Tel - 01595 744048, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.