- Location: Skeld Primary School, Westerskeld, Skeld, Shetland, ZE2 9NL
- Rate: £12.78 - £14.82 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 14 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Skeld Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Skeld. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Skeld, Reawick, Culswick and Sand. The structure of the school is one nursery class and one composite primary class. There is currently a total of 12 pupils in the primary class. The school is managed by a teaching Head Teacher.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G/H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week , 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Skeld Primary School, Westerskeld, Skeld, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Stephen Renwick, Head Teacher on 01595 807480 or e-mail Stephen.Renwick@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.