- Location: Whalsay School, Symbister, Whalsay, Shetland, ZE2 9AQ
- Rate: £14.23 - £14.82 per hour
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to support in the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Whalsay School is a non-denominational school located in Symbister, Whalsay. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the whole island of Whalsay. The structure of the school is 2 nursery classes, 5 composite primary classes and S1-4 secondary classes. There is currently a total of 165 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 22 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Garry Spence. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/whalsayschoolweb/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 21.0 Hours per Week , 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays].
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 10 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Whalsay School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Garry Spence, Head Teacher on 01595 743800 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.