- Location: Various Locations in Shetland, ZE1 000
- Rate: £17.54 - £25.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Casual/Relief
- Position Type: Casual/Relief
Applications are invited to join our relief bank to provide teaching support in schools across Shetland. Members of the relief bank will be contacted on an ‘as and when required’ basis to provide cover, for example due to staff absence. All applicants must be resident in Shetland before being cleared to work on the supply list as although we will aim to give as much notice as possible, you may be asked to work at short notice.
Rate of Pay: £17.54 to £25.75 per hour inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance
Applications will be assessed against the criteria in the Person Specification for Teachers (copy attached to the advert). Suitable applicants will be invited to interview and recruitment checks such as references, PVG Scheme membership, General Teaching Council for Scotland Registration, verification of qualifications and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be carried out before applicants are placed on the relief bank.
If you apply online we will contact you by e-mail so please check for messages regularly.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update
- Preferred candidates must register with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to being added to the relief bank
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- Hours of work will be as and when required
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
For further details relating to his post, please contact: Wilma Missenden, Quality Improvement Officer on 01595 744040 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.