- Montfield Support Services, Burgh Road, Lerwick, ZE1 0LA
- £11.66 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
To provide the routine driving, maintenance and/or gardening services required by Social Care settings. To work in accordance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures. To work in a planned, systematic way, but be prepared to respond to unanticipated events.
The handyperson is an integral member of the staff team and, as such, is required to work in a way which brings benefits to service users.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732 per hour
- Casual/Relief posts available
- Relief cover required from 9am to 2pm on Saturday's and Sunday's. Basic Handy person duties include driving van and collecting/delivering laundry/meals.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Montfield Support Services, Lerwick, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Brett Rogers, Team Leader on 01595 745251 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.