- Location: Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- Rate: £16.07 - £16.73 per hour
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time & Part Time
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The School Counsellor is responsible for delivering a school-based counselling service to children and young people aged 10 years and above in accordance with current legislation, and Council policies and procedures.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- The base location of the School Counsellors is to be confirmed however, the post holder would be expected to work across Shetland.
- There is 1.5 FTE available which could comprise of one full time post and one part time post; or two part time posts totalling 55 hours. We are happy to talk flexible working – and candidates should outline what hours they would be interested in during the recruitment process. The posts are for 52.18 weeks per year and there is a need for some availability during school holiday periods.
- Temporary contracts for a period of approximately 2 years.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have a full UK Driving Licence and the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice where public transport is limited
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Rhonda Simpson, Principal Educational Psychologist on 01595 745580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.