- Sandwick Junior High School, Sandwick, ZE2 9HH
- £12.32 - £12.63 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 29 hours per week
This position has expired.
School Library Assistants work for the Shetland Library service and are managed by the Young People’s Services Librarian. The main remit of the post is to assist in the provision of a library service in Junior / High Schools and to provide library support to associated primaries.
Specific tasks of the School Library Assistant are:
- To assist staff and pupils and where appropriate the public, in making use of the library and information resources
- To run the school library on a day-to-day basis using the computerised Library Management System, including processing of requested items, shelving of material, stock maintenance and monitoring of overdues
- To provide resources for staff and pupils to meet the needs of the curriculum including project materials and topic lists
- To assist users in accessing information from the internet and other electronic resources and provide information from these resources as required
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Sandwick Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Sandwick. It provides early years, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Sandwick and the surrounding area for primary and the whole South Mainland for secondary. The structure of the school is early years with extended hours, 5 primary classes and secondary 1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 250 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 2 Depute Head Teachers.
For more information about the school you can visit our school glow blog or contact the school office on: 01595 745320
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 29.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays].
- Hours of work: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8.45 to 3.15 (6 hour day with 30 minute break)
Friday 8.45 to 2.15 (5 hour day with 30 minute break)
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Sandwick Junior High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Catherine Jeromson, Support Services Librarian on 01595 743869 or e-mail Catherine.Jeromson@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here