- Cunningsburgh Primary School, Cunningsburgh, ZE2 9HB
- £14.24 - £16.74 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of this post is to work effectively as a lead member of an Early Learning and Childcare team to oversee the delivery of a high quality, safe and balanced education and care service, which meets the needs of each young child and their families and is in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
Cunningsburgh Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Cunningsburgh. It provides education from Early Years up to P7 for children from Quarff, Fladdabister and Cunningsburgh in the South Mainland of Shetland. The school is managed by a Head Teacher.
The structure of the school is an Early Years Dept and 3 composite primary classes. The current roll is 61 primary pupils with a further 32 pupils registered in the Early Years Dept.
The staffing complement in Early Years is a Senior Practitioner, Practitioner, 2 Early Years Support Workers and a 0.2 FTE teacher. The setting operates between 0830 – 1630 Monday – Friday.
There are 2 FTE teachers and a 0.4/0.6 FTE teacher job-share in the Primary Dept. There are 2 part-time ASN teachers assisted by support staff, as required, to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Wilma Sineath.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H/I
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 40.50 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Cunningsburgh Primary School, Cunningsburgh, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Wilma Sineath, Head Teacher, 01595 807250, or Email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.