- Location: Old Anderson High School, Lovers Loan, Lerwick, ZE1 0BA
- Salary: £34,592.86 - £36,118.08 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The post holder is responsible for delivering a school-based counselling service to children and young people aged 10 years and above in accordance with current legislation, and Council policies and procedures.
The post holder is required to lead a Shetland Islands Council school-based counselling service, and ensure adherence to current legislation, and Council policies and procedures. There is a responsibility to ensure that school counsellors support the local authorities approaches to emotional health and wellbeing.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is J
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- Temporary Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 2 years.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have a full UK Driving Licence and the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Old Anderson High School, Lerwick.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Rhonda Simpson, Principal Educational Psychologist on 01595 745580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.