- Laburnum House, 15 Burgh Road, Lerwick, ZE1 0LA
- £16.45 - £17.12 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
Senior Social Care Worker
1 x Temporary 30 hour per week contract covering family leave
Short Breaks for Children and Young People is a support service for children and young people with complex additional support needs. The service provides ‘respite’ support to families in Shetland.
The purpose of the job is to assist with all tasks associated with managing the service including the supervision of staff, and to actively participate in the provision of person-centred care, in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To ensure attendance to the physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, cultural and social care needs of the service users in your care.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of the posts are I
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- 30hpw temporary contract Part Time post for 52.18 weeks per year
- The temporary contract is for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Laburnum House, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Eileen Mair, Registered Manager - Children's Resources, 01595 745244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
If you’re a kind, compassionate person who’d like to make a difference to people’s lives, then social care could be the right career for you.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here