- Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- £42,979.47 - £44,466.08 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Adult Social Work Senior Social Worker is part of the Adult Social Work Service and assists the Executive Manager in providing a comprehensive Adult Social Work service to a range of service users.
The Senior Social Worker will be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of Social Workers within the Service.
The Senior Social Worker will be responsible to the Executive Manager – Adult Social Work.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is L
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- Temporary Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- This is for the duration of a period of maternity leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Adult Social Work, Grantfield, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ruth MacMillan, Executive Manager, call on 01595 744 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here